At Steven Juliano's Mecum sale, There was a 1970 style round patch RTS jacket on day 2 item #309. I believe it the same style jacket that I have and I show in the attached 1970 literature above. Steven's had some other patches sewn on it so I wouldn't call it NOS. In 1970 plenty of people sewed so it was easy enough to to get a mom, girlfriend, or wife to add something on a jacket. My jacket, the literature I attached, and Steven's jacket have the same collar, pinstriping, and arm cuffs.

At Steven's sale on Day 2 item # 307 his estate sold a 1971 RTS Jacket. I don't recall having seen literature advertising this jacket, but I may have seen it somewhere. So I'm calling it a 1971 jacket purely for organizational purposes. I believe this style patch is shown being worn by one of the male models behind a 1971 Road Runner or GTX in the 1971 Satellite dealer literature brochure or the 1971 full line literature brochure. The 1971 jacket from Steven had the collar, pinstriping, and arm cuffs to match the 1970 RTS Jacket. I think it is easy enough to document this style of jacket. The RTS patch on this jacket resembles the patch used on the 1990's reproduction jackets. If I recall. the 1990 reproduction jackets also had a heart patch and a stripe motif.

Finally at Steven's sale on day 4 item #343 they sold a jacket with an oval RTS patch. This jacket had a collar, pinstriping, and arm cuffs to match the 2 jackets above. I have never seen this elsewhere. Jackets of this period were sold by the Plymouth dealers, at speed shops, and probably at other stores. I think one would want to look at the tag at the back of the collar for more information. I've never seen one of these jackets up close so my knowledge is limited.

Back in the 1970's oval RTS patches were available at car shows for probably a quarter. I have a couple that I got then. I've seen a couple of different proportion oval RTS patches over the years.

This past year I even saw a 1970 round RTS Jacket patch and I have no idea of where it came from.

Today I think you need a little more careful because there are old jackets that contemporary people sew patches on to resemble old jackets.