Originally Posted By Morty426
Originally Posted By 70plymA34
Originally Posted By GY3
Too bad Juliano never got the 'Cuda. As I recall he said he knew where it was but the owners would not let it go.

Very True. Steven and I chatted about the RTS Cuda many a time. He knew where it was but the owner who is probably elderly at this point (or deceased) would not sell for any amount of money. According to SJ, he said that the owner was a holocaust survivor and he felt since he had no control over what the nazis took from him that he had control over the fate of the RTS Cuda.
SJ made crazy offers to him including a generous offer to buy houses for all the owners kids + $$. Still no sale. I knew it ate at him over the years that he could not get it. He even had tons of what he called "trick" parts aka "lunch pail" stuff waiting for it. That meant it was going to get the Steven Juliano treatment (an over the top resto).

If anyone else has more info to add to the story or any corrections to make please let me know.

He told me that he had an arrangement with the heirs.

You are correct Chris, there's a little more to that story, but it would stir up some chit so I'll leave it alone, Steven had a few parts off the car, last I talked to him he was trying to negotiate for the hood, so he could DNA the paint layout/colors/etc, Steve said the car was too far gone (rust wise) Steve's intention was ultimately to build a clone using what RTS/Chuck Miller made parts he could negotiate off the original car as that was the only way the car would be "saved"

Mike