Originally Posted by gtx6970
Originally Posted by 6PakBee
Go to a narrower tire or get a wheel with more positive offset. 7.75 X 14 were the stock tires on a '66-'67 Hemi car, not a lot of rubber in anyone's book.

Its not the hemi car I need to raise. Its my other 66, 383 auto.
Im looking for the least expensive option to lift the ars up.

Tires are like new so thats a last resort.
Air shocks are my option.

The leaf springs are / were new Mopar Performance " hemi " springs. And the car sits a good 3 inches lower than my black car and its on stock original hemi springs
Its sitting on 15x7 torque thrusts with 245-60-15s and the outer sidewall rub up in the wheel house NOT on the lip. So its at least not cutting the tire up,,,just leaving ugly rub marks on the sidewall

I understand fully. I just use the Hemi reference as it illustrates how little room is in the '66-'67 rear wheel tubs. And I know exactly what you are hitting, the outer wheel house goes vertical off the wheel opening and then narrows toward the center of the car with a "bump". After this narrowing is where they always rub.

As to what to do, maybe this would work rather than air shocks

Coilover Shocks

Advantage: Install them and forget them

Disadvantages: Can't be adjusted (unless you get the really high dollar units.

Just a question, do the springs have a negative arch, positive arch, or flat? IIRC, the stock springs should be flat to slightly negative.

Last edited by 6PakBee; 12/01/22 12:32 PM. Reason: Added Arch Comment

"We live in a time when intelligent people are being silenced so that stupid people won't be offended".