Quote:

Quote:

Not to rain on anybody's parade, but one of the few real bad issues I've had were with my steel wheels;

- on January 5th, 2007, I ordered a set of four Wheel Vintiques steel wheels through Summit racing. I paid for them, had them shipped to Canada where I got to pay the shipping and duty, then I sent them straight to my bodyshop to have them painted to match the car. I then took them to my tire shop and had my tires mounted and balanced where they told me that 3 of the 4 rims were bent, one severely. These had never been out of the box until they were painted and the boxes showed no damage whatsoever.

I sent an e-mail (which was acknowledged as recieved and that I'd recieve a reply within 24 hours) and never did get a response from Summit.

....I'm not really satisfied with my purchase.

Dave

I would guess your not satisfied. Did you return the wheels?

Nope; never received a response offering a credit if I sent them back, plus I had $800.00 in these wheels by then so I wasn't in a hurry to spend another $100 - $200 to ship the damn things back to get a $380.00 credit.......and that's IF they'd take them after they'd been painted, had tires mounted, weights installed, etc. etc. I decided to wait until the car is done and then get it up to 120mph and see what happens.....

Dave

Last edited by DPelletier; 05/06/09 04:32 PM.

1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 1974 'Cuda 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Ram 3500 Diesel 2004.5 Ram 2500 Diesel 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Durango Limited [url] http://1970superbee.piczo.com [/url]