Originally Posted by J_BODY
The pin for key programming is NOT in the owners manual….. unless you wrote it there.
IF you lose a key, fear one was stolen, nefarious ex has one, we can blank all keys and reprogram the ones in your possession.

With the ease of being able to steal my 01 Ram I’d always disable the injector pump and remove the starter relay. The pickup was excellent condition and I couldn’t afford to lose it easily.

With the departure of the 01 and the arrival of the 17 3500 I started researching if they too were stolen with some frequency. The informative videos on the theft of newer vehicles was astounding. While there’s great technology to prevent this built in, theirs even greater tech making it possible.

And anyone on FB it seems we’ll see at least once a week someone who’s mid 2000s Ford F-350 that has disappeared.

That's kinda what I thought, it wouldn't be in the manual unless someone specifically puts it there.

He'll be at our house for Thanksgiving today and I'm sure we'll be discussing it.

IF you lose a key, fear one was stolen, nefarious ex has one, we can blank all keys and reprogram the ones in your possession.

I'll let him know that.

Has anyone put an old fashioned "Kill Switch" on a late model vehicle???
You know, like one that would simply short out the negative side of the coil on an old car.

I'm not sure how it would work on a computerized car. shruggy

Kayse can't keep up at all now. lol