We just finished dyno testing a low deck 512 that was built for a 1967 Dart street car. The owner wanted something that made decent power, but was smooth enough for street driving and had a small enough cam that he could use a factory HP type torque converter. The engine has TF240 heads, 9.8 compression, a hyd roller cam, a TF intake and a Holley Sniper EFI unit. The cam is a Comp Xtreme hyd roller shelf cam. The specs are 236/242 which is close to the same specs that I used in my 496, but this cam made significantly less power than the custom roller that I used. My cam was a custom QXX/QXI lobe cam selected by Dwayne and my engine made more than 600 hp. This engine made right at 600 torque and 550 hp.

I had forgotten about the last minute cam switch so I updated the thread with the correct numbers. I couldn't figure out why this engine was down 50 hp from my 496 but now I think it is the cam. My 496 had the same compression, same heads, same intake, etc. but it made 630 torque and 610 hp. The only difference was the cam lobes. My engines used the higher lift QXX/QXI lobes. Sometimes lift doesn't matter, sometimes it does. I guess in this case it matters.

IMG_1158 (Large).JPGIMG_1141 (Large).JPG
Last edited by AndyF; 11/24/22 12:33 PM.