Thanks to all that have repsonded.
This reminds me of leaded vs unleaded fuel back in the 70's most of which was BULL____ . While there was some validity to the claims of detrimental effects in older engines (valves sinking) the hype at the time made one think the older engines were going to self destruct in 5-10K miles WITHOUT buying and using the lead additive available everywhere. They made a lot of money on that scam.

In addition I haven't noticed any improvements in mileage or performance in the last 5-10 years with new vehicles. With the exception of one, a ford Escape with a turbo'ed 4 banger, fun to drive but 17 MPG eek.
I find it somewhat hard to believe that this technology would have survived requiring the "ADDED" service at every oil change without a solution being developed, especially with the amount of time it's been around

Please keep the responses coming as I am totally uniformed on the maintenance required and am not sure if what I've reading is fact or fiction, IE: marketing by the chemical companies. Just read an article this AM that said 75K miles before needing the intake off cleaning confused
beer