Originally Posted by Ray S
Originally Posted by 360view

Since this engine has a carb it would be relatively easy to leak some air air around the carb to lean it out - airplane style.

My 75 B300 camper van (360 2BBL) would run way rich at 9,000', so I added a 3/8" bleed line to the carb base and a valve where I could reach it. Just left it open whenever in Utah.

My Geo Metro TBI 3 banger runs poorly without the EGR functioning perfectly, and get 52mpg highway when it is.

I blocked the EGR on my dads 97 metro 5 speed he bought brand new and it did better. It would do right aroun 50 MPG on the highway with and about 52 or 52 without it under identicle conditions but it did make the CEL come on with an insufficient EGR flow code so I took my block off plate and made a tiny hole so it could still get just enough flow to keep the light off and it settled right down around 50 and 51 mpg.

I been making a spacer for my 92 dakota to block off the exhaust and instead open up to introduce fresh air when the valve opens, I expect the O2 sensor will just "fix" the AF ratio but figure it is worth a try in my free time.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!