I suscribe to the .001"/1.00" clearance/diameter theory. Any tighter is an experiment. Like trying lower oil pressure. Will it work? Maybe? But what advantage is it? As far as going larger. I see no trouble with that either. Oil needs to take away heat and provide a hydro dynamic wedge between the parts. As long as the pump has enough volume to keep a steady flow it's good. At worst .001"-.0015" larger will reduce idle oil pressure. Oil pressure reduction will be far more extreme with loose lifter bores, large push rod holes (pushrod oiling), and large oil feed lines(indy head) than from bearing clearance. Years ago I built and engine with .004"/.004" bearing clearnce. It only would reach 45psi hot with a high volume pump with a external adjuster turned all the way in. So I took it apart andinstalled .001" tighter bearings. The result? no change. Turned out the pushrod holes were so large (.090") that the pump couldn't keep up. Reduced the pushrod size to .045 with roll pins. Had to back the screw all the way out. Then cut a coil off the spring.
Doug