One cannot total up CO2 or CH4 emissions from a battery electric vehicle over its estimated lifespan unless one knows what generates the electricity used to recharge the battery thousands of times, with not all recharges in the same place.

If you live in Norway with its Hydroelectric power plants you can make a better guess,
or in France with its Nuclear powered grid.

Recall the post from months ago where Porsche and Exxon are building “synthetic gasoline from CO2 in air” plants in Chile’s windy South region where Windmills will supply the power. If you buy nothing but Porsche/Exxon syn fuel from there a old fashioned IC engine vehicle will surpass the battery electric vehicle on CO2 emissions.

From my perspective not one person in ten can wrap their mind around what a massive change it would be to make steel and cement from hydrogen instead of from carbon fossil fuels. I suspect not one in ten can imagine a world without 90% of the plastics widely used today.

I also doubt many realize how the Earth will be changed by all the new mines
that MUST be built to get the new basic elements needed
to manufacture all the new equipment needed.

Everyone on Earth will have a new mine of some type “in their backyard” so to speak. NIMBY times ten upset people.
( at least until we can start using space tugs to haul in asteroids)