Originally Posted by moparmarks
Originally Posted by 65pacecar
": WELL ITS THAT TIME AGAIN... CARS PUT IN HIBERNATION"

A phrase members from SoCal will never have to use.

Or here either. Drive them all year.

"Back in the day" they were for the majority full time daily drivers in all parts of North America. I bought my first car in 1969 a '69 Road Runner in April of '69 and by November '69 I was having snow tires put on. I lived in Western PA outside or southeast of Pittsburgh and it had all the elements that Detroit cars just loved, snow, salt, rain, and hills. Had 3.91 Suregrip and full on snow tires as there were no "all season" tires (think all season tires were not until late '70's or there abouts??) and besides most cars were rear wheel drive and with "summer" tires you were just a chicane on the hill for others shooting the hill with real snow tires. Great sport. Tried to get to the 25 cent car wash as often as possible to get the salt off but the lower rear quarters on the RR only lasted about 3 or 4 years or snow/salt seasons. My GTX right now has close to 100,000 miles on the odo and it spent the majority of its life in first, So. Cal then New Mexico and then El Paso, TX so I try not to get salt on it but still take it out if it's not too bad during late fall sometimes in winter and then early spring. I took it out yesterday and on the way home I stopped at the $2.00 ( frown ) self-car wash because you can't break old habits laugh2 And as again from old habits I also washed the engine. grin Some of you "heater delete" girly guys and you run away to warm weather retirees need to stop dissing on us too dumb to move south, love where we live 60% of the time you old cold farts. Do we diss on you for having weather that cracks the dash pads and damages the interiors and is worse when driving with no air conditioning than with the heater on? tonguue tonguue tonguue laugh2 Adversity breeds character I was told. wink

(BTW should my hood pop up spring be painted, natural or some kind of plating like the hood latch? shruggy thanks)

Mike

20221023_201327AAB1.jpg20221023_201447AB.jpg