Originally Posted by fast68plymouth
These new Comps weren’t “silent” like an OE 318......... but I felt the noise level was better than “acceptable”.
The 2 440’s with the Morels ........ one was marginally acceptable....... and the other was unacceptable(imo).

My interest in these isn’t to recommend them for racing use. For that I’d always prefer solid lifters.

I was looking for a viable alternative for the hot street, street/strip builds where the customer wanted to have confidence in the engine not eating the cam, and not try to run a solid roller cam on the street in a vehicle that sees considerable annual mileage....... and wouldn’t have the noise/rpm issues that can often come with HR cams/lifters.

In this engine at least........ I’m calling it a win.

I will admit, I did stack the deck somewhat in that I did use lobes that I expected would get over 6k if the lifters behaved.

The Pontiac with the faster cam and 1.65 rockers will probably be a better test for the lifters, since it’s the type of cam more commonly used by the “masses”.

Hopefully an opportunity will come up before too long where I can try these lifters in a BBM with a faster cam.

I appreciate the info, I have HEARD but no personal experience that the Johnson roller lifters are very good & supply many OEM'S ,they have a few different hydros available, BUT they are pricy like the junk Morels I have

Last edited by csk; 10/16/22 01:11 PM.

1968 Charger COLD A/C Hilborn EFI
512ci 9.7 compression, Stealth heads, 4.10 gear A518 ODtrans 4100lb,10.93 full street car trim
2020 T/A 392 Stock 11.79 @ 114.5