Well...the new carb didn't fix the problem.

I believe I finally found the problem. My alternator belt always was not real tight but I had no problems with the battery charging enough to keep it starting with no problems. So a friend said that possibly at idle the alternator is not putting out enough to support the ECU and it cuts out at idle. This would confirm why it never did during warmup(higher idle) or when in neutral at a high idle. So I start to pull the alternator and get it loose and turn to get a tool off the bench and when turning around I see the interior of My car is full of smoke. Alot . So I now disconnect the battery and see the GM 108 amp alt slid down and grounded the hot wire to My block.

I remove the alt...get it checked and it checks ok. I change the half ass mounting bracket for the alt and install it and get a very tight belt. After changing a few wires under the dash and installing a new amp gauge,the car fires up..(starts) and I take it out for a long run and no stalling at any light. Been out a few times and no stalling. So I assume the belt was not tight enough to supply a good charge at idle and that caused the ECU to quit.

All of this...new carb...fuel pump...fuel filter...for naught. But replacing that 27 year old carb with a new Proform seems like I picked up a bunch of more power. Like that's needed with a 472 Hemi.

I posted this because IF someone has a similar problem...this is something to check. I got a lot of responses to this problem, and I appreciate all and MOPARTS for the help.