Originally Posted by poorboy
I have a brother in law that lives about 20 miles from where it hit landfall. He stayed there! My wife text him a few minutes ago. They were in the eye at that time, he is pretty scared, but at this point the damage isn't real bad yet. He was not looking forward to the second round.

He used to live in AL, he lived through a Hurricane there but didn't evacuate. He said he was never going to stay through one again, but here he is staying for another round in a different location. Hopefully he has learned from this one.

I've lost count of how many hurricanes I rode out in my 45 years there. Only left once, but everyone I know that stayed and experienced the eye wall of a cat 4 or 5 and lived has said they will never, ever do that again.
Also more people are killed and injured after the storm has passed while cleaning up from trees, generator exhaust and downed power lines than from the storm itself.

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost coming soon!
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.