Moparts

Hurricane IAN , Any Florida members ?

Posted By: 1969ronnie

Hurricane IAN , Any Florida members ? - 09/28/22 03:55 PM

wave Storm looks to be a good one . bump Any Storm Pictures or Updates ?
Posted By: Fat_Mike

Re: Hurricane IAN , Any Florida members ? - 09/28/22 04:38 PM

I think Doc is right in the path. Hopefully he got the heck out of there!
Posted By: Hugh Jorgan

Re: Hurricane IAN , Any Florida members ? - 09/28/22 05:41 PM

Mike (scratchnfotraction) is in that area. twocents
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Hurricane IAN , Any Florida members ? - 09/28/22 05:56 PM

Both of my sons and grandkids are living there in the Orlando area.
Posted By: rdrnr6970

Re: Hurricane IAN , Any Florida members ? - 09/28/22 06:37 PM

Good luck everyone,be safe!
Posted By: hotairballoonpilot

Re: Hurricane IAN , Any Florida members ? - 09/28/22 06:53 PM

my son was looking at going to southeastern university in lakeland florida this fall. thankfully he chose to do on line classes from home other wise I would be out of my mind. Dale Renner with the pro street pink duster is in Tampa.

corey
Posted By: 3hundred

Re: Hurricane IAN , Any Florida members ? - 09/28/22 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Hugh Jorgan
Mike (scratchnfotraction) is in that area. twocents

jcc too. luck
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Hurricane IAN , Any Florida members ? - 09/28/22 09:42 PM

Power companies are heading south.

Attached picture E071FEF3-4BF1-4C53-911F-30C44D98A0D0.jpeg
Posted By: topside

Re: Hurricane IAN , Any Florida members ? - 09/28/22 09:59 PM

I think Larrymopar360 is around there too.

Hope they all get to a safe place and their property escapes destruction.
Sounds like a helluva storm.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Hurricane IAN , Any Florida members ? - 09/28/22 10:07 PM

I hope everyone stays safe.
Posted By: SattyNoCar

Re: Hurricane IAN , Any Florida members ? - 09/28/22 10:10 PM

Larrymopar360 is in Florida.......hope all is well.
Posted By: Hugh Jorgan

Re: Hurricane IAN , Any Florida members ? - 09/28/22 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Fat_Mike

Doc is essentially a flotation device. He should be ok. laugh2
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Hurricane IAN , Any Florida members ? - 09/28/22 11:04 PM

I have a brother in law that lives about 20 miles from where it hit landfall. He stayed there! My wife text him a few minutes ago. They were in the eye at that time, he is pretty scared, but at this point the damage isn't real bad yet. He was not looking forward to the second round.

He used to live in AL, he lived through a Hurricane there but didn't evacuate. He said he was never going to stay through one again, but here he is staying for another round in a different location. Hopefully he has learned from this one.
Posted By: 340SIX

Re: Hurricane IAN , Any Florida members ? - 09/28/22 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Hugh Jorgan
Originally Posted by Fat_Mike

Doc is essentially a flotation device. He should be ok. laugh2

I have Eric's number here some place when I find It planed on checking on him.
Lesson lernered never clean up makes ya loose stuff.
If he floods out down there the Cajun Navy will have no problem finding him. He's the guy in the Thermoquad Rules! Holley Drools Shirt........
Posted By: cudaman1969

Re: Hurricane IAN , Any Florida members ? - 09/28/22 11:40 PM

My best friend from HS lives in that area, Land of Lakes, he’s been keeping me updated so far. A lot of water not to much storm surge. I’ll check back with him later tonite
Posted By: DynoDave

Re: Hurricane IAN , Any Florida members ? - 09/29/22 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by Guitar Jones
Both of my sons and grandkids are living there in the Orlando area.

My son moved to this area a little over a year ago. As they did not have an evac. order in the area, or even a recommendation, he and his girlfriend stayed. Mid day, he said they just had rain, later they lost power. He stocked up on supplied to get through it, so I hope it works out. I wanted him to get out...take a short vacation over in Mobile or some place out of the way, but he decided against it.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Hurricane IAN , Any Florida members ? - 09/29/22 12:52 AM

Com Ed (Illinois electric company) has sent crews already, they are waiting in Georgia right now and they are also sending crews to South Carolina as the 'cane is probably going to strengthen when it moves back into the Atlantic and head north. I have a buddy on St. James City and the eye just went over it, not much protection there! eek Edit: Sanibel was destroyed and he was just north of there, nobody has heard from him... frown
Posted By: Guitar Jones

Re: Hurricane IAN , Any Florida members ? - 09/29/22 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by poorboy
I have a brother in law that lives about 20 miles from where it hit landfall. He stayed there! My wife text him a few minutes ago. They were in the eye at that time, he is pretty scared, but at this point the damage isn't real bad yet. He was not looking forward to the second round.

He used to live in AL, he lived through a Hurricane there but didn't evacuate. He said he was never going to stay through one again, but here he is staying for another round in a different location. Hopefully he has learned from this one.

I've lost count of how many hurricanes I rode out in my 45 years there. Only left once, but everyone I know that stayed and experienced the eye wall of a cat 4 or 5 and lived has said they will never, ever do that again.
Also more people are killed and injured after the storm has passed while cleaning up from trees, generator exhaust and downed power lines than from the storm itself.
Posted By: JDMopar

Re: Hurricane IAN , Any Florida members ? - 09/29/22 03:30 AM

I work for the power company here and we are staying put until we see what the remnants do to us in Western NC. Then we will be heading to work in our territory either in Eastern NC, Pee Dee area of SC, or go kicking and screaming to help the part of the same company in FL. Been at it over 44 years.....this will be my last storm trip! grin boogie
Posted By: second 70

Re: Hurricane IAN , Any Florida members ? - 09/29/22 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by JDMopar
I work for the power company here and we are staying put until we see what the remnants do to us in Western NC. Then we will be heading to work in our territory either in Eastern NC, Pee Dee area of SC, or go kicking and screaming to help the part of the same company in FL. Been at it over 44 years.....this will be my last storm trip! grin boogie

I retired too. Superstorm Sandy was my last.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Hurricane IAN , Any Florida members ? - 09/29/22 05:49 PM

Florida got it real bad. It's heading towards us now, but shouldn't be too big of a deal. I'm about 40 miles inland up US 501 from Myrtle Beach.
Posted By: an8sec70cuda

Re: Hurricane IAN , Any Florida members ? - 09/29/22 06:53 PM

Anyone else see this? Looks like it was a nice one.

Attached picture ian superbird.jpg
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Hurricane IAN , Any Florida members ? - 09/29/22 07:20 PM

That’s just terrible.
Posted By: RobG

Re: Hurricane IAN , Any Florida members ? - 09/29/22 07:31 PM

Click on the blue arrow in the photo – 18 photos….

https://www.heraldtribune.com/story...-residents-survey-aftermath/10460373002/
Posted By: CMcAllister

Re: Hurricane IAN , Any Florida members ? - 09/29/22 08:21 PM

Posted By: longram60

Re: Hurricane IAN , Any Florida members ? - 09/29/22 09:47 PM

I'm in Dunnellon (near Ocala). Went east of us. Only received an inch of rain, light winds. Lucked out this time.
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Hurricane IAN , Any Florida members ? - 09/29/22 09:58 PM

floated them out

Attached picture sbird.jpg
Posted By: 65pacecar

Re: Hurricane IAN , Any Florida members ? - 09/29/22 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by longram60
I'm in Dunnellon (near Ocala). Went east of us. Only received an inch of rain, light winds. Lucked out this time.

My wife's Grandpa lived in Dunnellon, her mom inherited the property and lived there for a few years then moved to Cocoa Beach. I love Dunnellon, nice area and pretty relaxing, seems Ocala and Dunnellon usually avoid the bad storms. Glad your OK after this one. He lived near Rainbow Springs park.
Posted By: CokeBottleKid

Re: Hurricane IAN , Any Florida members ? - 09/29/22 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by bigdad
floated them out

Ya I saw that too... never understand why these [censored] rich [censored] don't cruise their cars awaaaay on a road trip... but hey I guess insurance money is good right?
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Hurricane IAN , Any Florida members ? - 09/29/22 11:55 PM

Mclaren P1

Attached picture mcp1.jpg
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Hurricane IAN , Any Florida members ? - 09/30/22 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by CokeBottleKid
Originally Posted by bigdad
floated them out

Ya I saw that too... never understand why these [censored] rich [censored] don't cruise their cars awaaaay on a road trip... but hey I guess insurance money is good right?

Guess you missed the fact that these two winged cars were on lifts raised to the top, the guy did manage to save the two cars under these two.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Hurricane IAN , Any Florida members ? - 09/30/22 02:11 AM

My sister lives in Sebring Florida. They lost power last night at 6:30pm and it looks like it will be off for awhile
Posted By: rarefish

Re: Hurricane IAN , Any Florida members ? - 09/30/22 08:59 PM

I just bought my winter home in Venice Florida seven weeks ago.
Watching all the destruction on TV back in upstate NY on Wednesday I was preparing
to hear that the place might end up being a total loss.
Well I got good news today that the place only suffered some siding loss.....
Posted By: Challenger340Kid

Re: Hurricane IAN , Any Florida members ? - 10/03/22 02:08 PM

I live on the east side of Orlando, near the University of Central Florida (UCF). We got strong winds, and anywhere from 15-20 inches of rain, lost power around 2AM Thursday morning, and regained it 10:30 AM on Friday. We had two small tears in the screen around our pool, and that is it. Lots of localized flooding in downtown Orlando and a few surrounding areas. I know the news mentioned we had a few gusts of 80+ mph, very thankful for the limited damage, many others south and west of us were not so fortunate. Planning to donate time and / or money to the Volunteer Florida organization. Volunteer Florida
Posted By: DynoDave

Re: Hurricane IAN , Any Florida members ? - 10/03/22 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Challenger340Kid
I live on the east side of Orlando, near the University of Central Florida (UCF). We got strong winds, and anywhere from 15-20 inches of rain, lost power around 2AM Thursday morning, and regained it 10:30 AM on Friday. We had two small tears in the screen around our pool, and that is it. Lots of localized flooding in downtown Orlando and a few surrounding areas. I know the news mentioned we had a few gusts of 80+ mph, very thankful for the limited damage, many others south and west of us were not so fortunate. Planning to donate time and / or money to the Volunteer Florida organization. Volunteer Florida

I think that fairly well describes what my son ran into in Kissimmee.
Posted By: Kudakidd

Re: Hurricane IAN , Any Florida members ? - 10/03/22 11:04 PM

Bonita here. We got hammered. I know about 6 muscle car owners, and no one experienced damaged cars. Pic is of my old swimming pool, served now w/ a side of toyota.

Attached picture 310420937_10222255447714473_8546625341434560292_n.jpg
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Hurricane IAN , Any Florida members ? - 10/04/22 03:24 AM

Greg Z from MagnumHP was based in Naples last I heard. But I haven't talked to him in a few years. I think he shut down MagnumHP a while back. At least he hasn't ordered anything from me in a few years. He was one of my original dealers, helped me get AR Engineering going but I haven't heard from him in at least 5 years.
© 2024 Moparts Forums