Originally Posted by Hemi_Joel
Back in 2005, I bought a bend pack XT-XL 9000. I bought it from some outfit online where it was ridiculously cheap, about $2,300 bucks if I remember right including truck freight. I had them ship it to a truck terminal down in the city so I didn't have to try and unload it from a truck at my place. Then I went to the truck terminal with my open car trailer and had them set it on the trailer. When I got home I cut the banding off of it and with the help of one or two strong friends, we unloaded it one piece at a time and set it up.
I have looked at the backyard buddy, as well as other lifts at shows. I really like the backyard buddy. If I was to buy another lift, I would not buy a bend pack, I would buy a backyard buddy. It seems much more stable and better designed.

out of curiosity, why are you not liking the bend pak ? I had an hd-12 since 2005 ? or so and no complaints. the only issues I've had were due to lack of maintenance spank. It's pretty much seen daily use (not like a muffler shop) but has been used way more than a 'hobbyist lift" no real complaints other than parts that have been needed are a bit $$$ beer