Originally Posted by B1MAXX
Originally Posted by TJP
Originally Posted by moparx
Originally Posted by B1MAXX
Put a thread insert in it cheap, and uses a larger out side diam. than a helicoil. less than a buck at the hardware store.

i was just going to say this ! ^^^^^ iagree
my local ACE hardware has a reasonable supply of these in common thread sizes and lengths, but if they don't have what i need, the ACE hardware in the next town over [20 miles] has a HUGE assortment !
beer

Could you give a part # or post a pic? All I could find on their website was helicoils shruggy

They have the ez-loc style in the hardware trays, you know the aisle with all the nut bolts and fasteners. They are sold individually. I don't think they put those items on the website.

my ACE [only 3 houses away ! up] has heli-coils and ez-loc inserts. the other ACE has those as well, plus time-serts and keen-serts. both stores have inserts for small 6/32 threads up to 3/8 in both fine and course threads, plus metric threads. the other store goes up to 3/4" thread in fine and course thread pitch, plus the big size metric thread pitches.
as said above, you have to go to the store to get the part numbers of the different type of inserts. [both stores also carry riv-nut inserts as well ! bow]
they both have cheapo installation tools that will last for a few installations, maybe more if you are very careful with it's use.
at one time, i had a helicoil drill chart on my PC. however, i will have to look to see if it was transferred over to this new one. if it was, i will post it. if not, i will have to figure out how to work my new scanner before i can post the chart. that may take a bit. i don't have any kids around to help me figure out this new wind-hose 11 operating system. biggrin
beer