The manufacturer of the 2K (for 2 komponent?) paints is in Germany, according to the label, even though Eastwood pretends they developed and make the paint. Same stuff is also sold by Eastwood through Amazon with less selections than Eastwood direct, and might be slightly cheaper from Amazon if buying only one can. I have used the 2K primers, top coats, and clear coats, and I had some difficulty getting recommendations for drying times and recoat times out of Eastwood, because they don't make it easy to get data sheets. Nevertheless, try Eastwood's web site for data sheets or maybe call them.

In 2018 I bought this same German 2K paint from another seller, automotivetouchup.com, but it appears that Eastwood might now be the exclusive USA distributor. Automotivetouchup.com recommended using the 2K clear coat over 1K color coat, and I did that with excellent results. I touched up a car's paint in order to sell it, so I can't say how well the paint ages.

Out of 10 cans from Eastwood, one 2K epoxy primer ran out of propellant while only 1/3 used, and Eastwood sent me another at no charge. Figure about $31 (2021) including shipping per can and "10 - 16 sq ft" per can. I used 5 cans or $155 on a K-frame and the same on an axle housing. The 5-can, 5-coat system was two 2K epoxy primer coats, one coat of 2K high-build urethane primer to fill pits, and two 2K top coats. Slightly less than 5 cans were needed for each part, so I did have a small steel shop table for the leftovers. See photos for disappeared rust pits through selectively sanding the high-build back down to epoxy primer.

You can use the Google Enhanced Search at the top of this page to find other posts on 2K paint. There is a You Tube video on painting a car frame with 2K.

Even though I have a 60" blast cabinet, rather than blasting my wheels (or K-frame or axle housing), I used Evapo-Rust and paint stripper, followed by cleaning with paint thinner, then brushed on phosphoric acid, followed again by cleaning with paint thinner. You can delay painting a long time if need be - no rust should show up later due to the thinned phosphoric acid coating, but if some does, simply hand scrub it off with a 3M Scotch-Brite pad dipped in phosphoric acid. Any rust will be totally removed, and the part is re-coated with phosphoric acid.

03-12 Axle Housing.  paint prep5.jpg03-12 Axle Housing paint prep6.jpg03-12 Axle Housing paint prep11.jpg

If you don't see two dolphins, you need a vacation.