Thanks fellas. I knew there was a reason I bought the ones with temporary paint instead of coated!

The current system is the $150 chinese 1 5/8” tiny primary block huggers with short center tubes and longer sides. The star welded in the collector center was poorly welded and failed after a thousand miles or so but the head flanges are really flat and very thick which is nice. The corner tubes ended up needing special short sparkplugs AND a hex adapter slipped over them so you can access them with an open wrench. All 8 have fiber boots to avoid burning.

You can find the same chinese stainless headers all over (google, ebay, amazon) but with 2.5” collectors. The ones I got of ambazon have 3” collectors and came with necked down 2.5” collector bolt ups that I didn’t use.

My system goes from 3” downpipes, curves to head back under the cab, and increases to 3.5” then into dual 3.5” flowmaster 40s. I always hated the flowmaster sound and the drone but I got these used off a racecar. They’re cartoonishly big, kinda heavy, and honestly a little too thunderous for what’s barely a quick street machine these days. I don’t have room to go over the axle and out the back so I did turnouts from the mufflers that aim at the tire contact patch for burnout glory (very rare but works great)

I’m thinking of re-doing the whole system with something a little more civilized- possibly 3” borlas or magnaflos or something with a pleasant bass and a little rapp on the throttle.

Any suggestions are welcome. I think it’ll be easier to fabricate a whole new system and just re-use my rubber hangers from thw old system.

Definitely going to cut off the 2.5 collectors and replace the 3bolt flanges with v-bands. I have high hopes for no leaks and less maintainance, or at least maintainance that doesn’t require me to have tiny hands or extra arm joints!

Radar