I've long thought about the silicone O ring material between the high gear clutch stack up. The clutch drag would certainly be reduced in 1st and 2nd. I may drill the holes on the next go round as well. A lot of this stuff gains very little in ET. But all together you can see something. Got some time today and putt he trans back in. spent some time making sure the converter lined up properly fore/aft. On the 2 Mega blocks that I've used the rear block face is to short. Both of them required 1/8 aluminum spacers between the trans and block. Other wise the starter gear engages the flywheel teeth about 1/2 way. Also some converters bottom in the crank. Spacing the trans back also allows you to space the converter rearward from the flex plate to gain crank to snout clearance. Another mod is to drill the lower trans to engine mounting holes. then you can use a 3/8" bolt and nut instead of trying to put the 7/16" bolt through from the engine side. Many times the headers interfere with bolt removal in this area. It takes a little case clearancing around Where the bolt head will seat. A small head or allen bolt works well. A hole saw makes for a nice radius for the converter access.
Doug

20220902_173727.jpg20220902_173648.jpg20220902_115205.jpg20220902_173641.jpg
Last edited by dvw; 09/02/22 10:17 PM.