It's a steel stator. The only damage to the trans this time was some scoring if the main pump body and the pump gears from the steel grit. A good used stock pump housing and used stock pump gears and its all set. So as I said the first failure was around 200 passes in. The input hub splines pulled though the aluminum front clutch carrier. When that happened the piston cocked and tore the outer piston seal. Thus no forward gears. A stock steel carrier wouldn't have failed. I was able to repair the aluminum carrier by counter boring the carrier for snap ring clearance. Then cutting a groove in the outside of the input hub. Now the snap ring (904 front clutch snap ring) loads against the aluminum carrier. Never an issue for 8 years. Note the input shaft and hub are stock parts. The next failure was self induced. Rolling thru the staging lanes at National Trail. I went to hit the N button, shut off the engine and coast. But hit the R button by accident. All was good until the following weekend when it snapped the ear off the reverse band coming out of the trailer. We'll cover that story next.
Doug

20220828_175055.jpg20220828_175101.jpg20220828_175203.jpg
Last edited by dvw; 08/29/22 09:58 PM.