Originally Posted by DaveRS23
Originally Posted by ThermoQuad
There is nothing wrong with the factory lca bushing design.

I can say for sure my hardware and ideas have been well tested – there are only a few of us that have real test data. Info below is from over 2 decades running lap on Watkins Glenn International Raceway 2x yr/2 days per event. Both cars are street driven and can go anywhere and are not caged -the Charger has a lot more chassis work [welding etc] and less hp than the other but both ran under the lap time “number" at the Glen for a hot full lap 2 min 30 sec. I still have the 70 Charger R/T. Old iron that runs under the number gets a lot of attention.Can your car run 140+ mph with no vibration...mine do
drive

You are welcome to your opinion. Real world experience has shown since day one that most LCA bushings won't make it to 100k. 80K for A bodies. Been there, done that too many times to believe otherwise.

And since you brought up road racing, how were the T/A cars setup around the K member? The original Dan Gurney/Swede Savage AAR was stored and maintained here locally at R & R Racing for many years and I saw first hand how their suspension was set-up. And the LCA bushing as we know it was not a part of that. You may like the way that Ma Mopar designed that bushing, but Dan Gurney didn't. He made changes. laugh2

It was the least expensive way that would last the LIFE of the car, which was about 50-70 thousand miles back then.

Last edited by cudaman1969; 08/19/22 09:54 AM.