The old MSD 6A is nothing more than an analog device - not much you can do with them other than to change out a few components to increase its out put for more spark - I used to modify them myself - you could get about the same output as a7A . The 6A does not even have a rpm limit chip - that is a 6AL - The reason to use an old 6A is because you can gut it and use the box to hide another system - lots of room in there and when someone looks at - it looks like any other old 6A and nobody gets suspicious

The Newer 6A is digital box and does not have much room and has some really cheap components in them

Locally there are a group of guys suspected of cheating - they win often - one thing is common is their technique - they all stage their car on the first bulb with the door open then close the door and roll into the second bulb - Also one driver drove three different cars one night in a TNT and changed driving jacket for each car - meaning the jacket went with the car

When you have the big money on the line - somebody is going to cheat or enhance their abilities to win - like I said it isn't cheating - unless you get caught - and nobody has as of yet