Just a little update:

Got the rear end repaired. The axle adjuster on the passenger side somehow got cross-threaded; so I pulled the axle out, took it to my friends' place and for the cost of lunch, he set me up with a new adjuster and swapped everything over. The axle got put back in adjusted and everything looks/feels/sounds 100%. All engine codes are GONE. Truck has gone around the block a few times now - I've put something like 16 kilometers on it. Trans shifts at 15 & 25 like it should.

Found a front sway bar, that was nice!

Had a little issue with a weepy head gasket but 3/4 of a bottle of "Head Gasket in a bottle" cured that right up.

This pic is from a few days ago, but tonight I put on the mirrors, the front side markers and put on a new set of wipers so I should be legal!

I had ordered some new Cooper Cobras from a local tire place. They said they should have them by Friday.... but they did not call. Hoping they call tomorrow. I'll head out in the A.M. and get all the legal paperwork straightened out, throw some insurance on it and with any luck.... get some new tires on her.

Have been pulling my hair out trying to find a place to paint it. Have considered doing it myself; but by the time I buy all the stuff needed to paint a vehicle.... I'm halfway into a paintjob by that point. So, this Hot Rod shop about an hour away says he might could squeeze it in next Spring or Summer. I guess I can wait. I DO intend on putting the lower rubber trim back on, the bright wheel arches and maybe some pin striping. I would like to find a more sporty mirror than just the square plain jane mirrors it has. Would love something like a 71-74 B or E body painted sport mirror.

Oh yeah, I also had a set of them General Motors 4-note horn sets I was going to put in moms' Hyundai.... but they were too big to fit anywhere in the car. I put them in the truck instead! G-D thing honks like a freight train now! laugh2

THE TRUCK LIVES 008.JPG
Last edited by That AMC Guy; 08/15/22 04:35 AM.

Bloody Mary, Full of Vodka, Blessed art thou among cocktails....