Anyone run a 29" tall bias slick on a Duster? Currently have a 275/60-15 drag radial which fits no problem. (15x8 wheel, 4.5" back space). A better racer than me suggested I go to a slick when I eventually get to sorting out my car. Looking at a pair of new Hoosier D07 29" slicks with the same size wheels, just trying to make sure I can use them without too much hassle. I know I will have to get the rear back in the car and put the wheels/tires on to be certain but I'm a ways away from that point and am planning ahead while the deal is in front of me.

The top of the inner wheel wells on my car have been pounded already and the top of the lip is rolled in. I have the 1/2" inboard kit but I don't think the width is the issue, I believe it's more about the height. The attached pic shows what the wheel well clearance looks like. If I have to trim or bend the lip more it would be preferable to do it now while it's in primer.

I'd prefer not move the rear back, just seems to open a can of worms with fitment of other things.

Thanks for any input.

- Greg

wheel well.jpg

'71 Duster
'72 Challenger
'17 Ram 1500