Quote:

The brake issue is not an issue if the trailer brakes are rigged and adjusted correctly.
I drive semi and I can tell you that when pulling two trailers I effectively have more braking power than when pulling one.
In a pickup/trailer situation each unit is supposed to be braking it's own weight. If you are using the truck brakes to stop the trailer it is not setup correctly and you're going to run into problems.

Sheldon

What happens when the trailer plug accidently falls out and he has no trailer brakes or something along those lines?

NO way No how is it OK TO PULL A ENCLOSED CAR HAULER with a 1500 truck. I hope your not around my equipment and family when your out there with your little truck and your big old trailer.

Did you see the story about the camper and race trailer that were blown over by the wind yesterday in the race section? web page

A 8000 pound camper is not the same as a 20+ foot long car hauler. Most car haulers have a GVW of 10000 pounds(2- 5200 axles) There's more wind drag with a car hauler than a camper IMO. Side wind will affect a car hauler more than a camper because there is more area to block/catch the wind. I've pulled both alot of miles.

I've had my Hazmat/tanker CDL license since the first year we were required to get them. I was grandfathered in(didn't have to take the skills test driving) to get my CDL license since I have been driving commercially since 1979.And I employ, train, test,maintain a satisfactory rating with the DOT and document 6-10 hazmat drivers since 1984.