Originally Posted by Moparite
Chinesium is another way of saying Crap.

Seems 99% of the stuff is from overseas. Have to wonder what people say about their own products(in china) or is it just the crap they send over here and they keep the good stuff. Wonder what brand tools are in a mechanics tool box in China? Sure you won't see any that say "made in China". I seen a few where they mask where it was made and say "made in PRC" to fool people. (People's Republic of China) if you didn't know. Although there are tools that are MIC that are not complete garbage. Gearwrench comes to mind.

China to me these day is like Japan in the mid to late 60's. Still producing some junk but beginning to develop and show the capabilities of building quality products. A lot IMO depends on the effort put forth by the requestor and money they are willing to pay the MFR in China. I'm not defending them just stating an opinion. I have tools from japan that were made in the very early 70's that are still functioning just fine, pneumatic included. I have begun to see a slide in the quality of some Japanese products that makes me wonder if the generational change (1970-90's born children) are beginning to following the same path American offspring have. I believe the vets from WWII built the country up during the 50's & 60's. Their children were taught the same morals and ethics. The offspring of those and subsequent generations is where we as a country began to fail opening the door for Japan and now China. BTW those Morals and ethics of the WWII vets were replaced by self centered entitlement & GREED
twocents beer
I'm surprised Budweiser and others haven't moved their MFG LOL.
whistling stirthepot