Originally Posted by Sniper
Originally Posted by Cab_Burge
As you already know the gas gauge sender does not receive voltage form the gauge, the gauge reads the ohms from it, no voltage tsk

You really need to stop commenting on electrical things, you know nothing about them.

The fuel gauge CIRCUIT consists of the instrument voltage regulator, the fuel gauge, the fuel sending unit, various wires and the ground.

How the voltage flows in this setup is from ground, thru the sending unit, to the gauge, to the IVR and back to ground.

Assuming the system is working properly, if you put a meter on the fuel sending unit connection, without disconnecting anything, turn the key on and you will read a voltage there. That voltage will vary depending on the fuel level.

That is how an electrical circuit works.

Have you tested any Mopar gas tank circuits that way?
If not, maybe you should.
You do understand the difference between ohms, volts and amps, correct?
Can you imagine a spark occurring from the gas level sending unit in the tank on a hot day when the car hits a big bump making the lever jounce around with less than a full tank of fuel? work: shruggy
As far as my experience and understanding of electrical theory on both A.C. and D.C. circuit I do understand a smidgeon about those circuits and application,
I spent 33 years fixing telephones and trouble shooting the network which help me learn about circuits and the difference between Volts, Amps and Ohms and how they work wrench
Earning an Associate of Science in Electronics degree and extensive classes on computer hardware and software helps also upwhistling grin

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 07/14/22 10:59 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)