Originally Posted by Hemi_Joel
in the prior 28 years, we had been through several dishwashers. KitchenAid, whirlpool, ge,. They all kind of did the job, but my wife always had to wash the dishes off pretty good before she put them in the dishwasher. I made sure that we have a good flow of hot, soft water. My comment to her was always if you have to wash the dishes first, why even have a dishwasher? So we always did a bunch of research and looked up what Consumer Reports had to say and all of that stuff before we would buy a new dishwasher, but we were always disappointed.
Then 8-1/2 year sago we finally got a Bosch shx68t52uc. We are so impressed with it! Now for the first time ever, Sheila never ever rinses the dishes before putting them in the dishwasher. I don't care if it's baked on cake, dried out oat meal, whatever. This thing gets it clean. And it's so quiet you can barely tell it's running. In eight and a half years we have had not one single problem or repair or any issues whatsoever. I would very highly recommend it to anybody!

Edit: btw, And I think this is very important, we have it plugged into a high quality surge protector. You need that with all these electronic gizmos and power outages and surges and stuff.

My test has been, will it get peanut butter off a butter knife. My wife will put the knife straight into the dishwasher with peanut butter on it and so far none of the dishwashers have won that challenge.