Originally Posted by Sniper
Originally Posted by AndyF

Even at $2 a gallon my Leaf was cheaper to drive than my Toyota 4Runner. A used Leaf is a great car to buzz around town in. Good car for a high school kid or someone who works from home. I use mine all the time for running errands around town. No warm up time, very quick 0-30 time, does fine on the freeway. Has about a 10 mile useful radius so it works best if you live in a city where all of your errands are close together. Won't work for everyone but it is a good second or third car for a family.

Comparing a Leaf to a 4 Runner is apples and oranges. The 4 Runner has a lot more versatility. We may as well compare a bicycle to your Leaf and proclaim the bike the winner, especially with your Leaf's "10 mile useful radius".

Speaking of which, if your Leaf has only a 10 mile useful radius it's battery pack is virtually dead, new Leafs with the cheapest battery option get ~130 miles out of a charge. Which brings into call the cost to replace it. If you spring for the cheapest possible used battery pack, ~$2500-3500, plus labor at the shop to do it, another ~$2,000. there goes the mythical no maintenance costs. Don't tell me you can do the replacement yourself, 99% of the car people here can't and even less of the general public can. https://www.motorverso.com/nissan-leaf-battery-replacement-cost/#cost

For giggles I went to car-parts.com and looked up the price for a used battery pack, 2016 Leaf. Three listings given, two said call for price, the one listing a price was asking $3455.57US and it's in Quebec, no US shipping, lol. Anything newer has no price given and even less choices. 2015 Leaf shows a lot of choices, all US ones more expensive and they are 7 years old.

So if you can live with sticking your fingers in your ears and humming loudly so you can't hear the truth, yeah the Leaf wins.

I can change an EV or hybrid battery, I'm certified to do so, but I won't.

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.