So it is time to take apart a perfectly good running car haha.

Actually tore it down to change cams, we had struggled to find bushed roller lifters but ended up going with some comp lifters that have pressure oiling and will fit the R1 block. Upon tear down I found a rocker arm shaft getting eaten up and the cam bearings are really bad. I had a spare for the rocker shaft and they have all been inspected and put back together. Now to find someone who can fit it in for the cam bearings and fitting the new cam. I had hoped to start putting it back together this coming weekend but that isn't looking good.

I don't have the specs handy but the new cam is another solid roller 4-7 swap custom grind from comp. We got it in 2020 but chose not to tear it down for fear of parts availability before drag week in 2021. I ordered all the parts for the swap in February of this year and they all came in just this last few weeks.

Its been 10.42@126.8X with a 1.42 60ft @3550lbs on 91 octane. Would love for it to make it down in the 10.20s but feel we are nearing the end of this motors capability with W2s and pump gas.

IMG_9738.jpg

68 Barracuda Formula S 340