Alright...thanks you guys!

I'm most likely just going to drill a couple more holes in the '74 plate (checked in the parts book, that's how Mopar references it => 'PLATE, Oil Filter Adapter', part# 2402103). I will look to even that out with the surface area of the adapter ('ADAPTER, Oil Filter to Cylinder Block', part# 3671602, we are talking the threaded stud-like piece that screws into the block casting and retains the plate).

4406bbl: got you on that calc, that's precisely what I used in my Carter TQ jet/rod compare spreadsheet as well.

Cab_Burge: you know, I was thinking of doing a remote filter setup, it just woudl be so much more handy...but at this point in time I'm just looking to bolt it all back up and actually get the car back on the road to enjoy it a little. So maybe a winter project?

Moparite: given my intended use I'm looking for an optimal use of the regular oil filter mounting setup, the pump I'm using is a HV pump but it is not a high-pressure setup. Some question the need to even run a HV setup, but I've got a 0.0035" clearance on the mains and 0.0023" on the rod journals, so the HV is what I felt would be a better approach.

EDIT
====
Take a look at the quick chart I put together...the block inlet/outlet are by far the limitting factors here (I did not actually really just how limitting these are in terms of comparison between that and the filter itself).

In the end I simply added 4 new openings to the factory plate, but a smaller size so as not to jeopardize the plate's structure.

MOPAR_oil_filter_adapter_plate_sizing.png
Last edited by Diplomat360; 07/08/22 03:03 PM. Reason: Added the resulting chart