Originally Posted by NITROUSN
Originally Posted by 6PakBee
The C-3826 may be old but it was used for decades as long as the thermal gauges were in use. Based on my 78-81 truck parts book from Mymopar, as late as '78 the IVR was PN 3592899 which superseded PN 2258413 which is the IVR for the thermal gauges that C-3826 was used to test since the early '60's. Bottom line, I think the C-3826 tool is still the tool to use on your '74 and the 244 ohm sender you have is not the stock sender for a '74 Mopar. The values from the '93 FSM are not applicable as Mopar had stopped using thermal gauges by then.

He said he is running the 93 cluster and wiring. Magnums had two temperature sensors one for the gauge and one for the computer.

Ah Ha!! I missed that. Well, if he is running the '93 instrument cluster and wiring, I can see where there just may be a problem. Without looking at the '93 circuitry my first thought would be that you'd have to run all '93 sensors in the '74. But that's just a guess.

"We live in a time when intelligent people are being silenced so that stupid people won't be offended".