I believe they mount differently on the block between a 4x4 Dakota and a rear drive Dakota. If I remember right, the 4x4 Dakota used the ear on the block for the motor mounts. All I have here right now is a 96 4x4, but I have no clear pictures of the motor mount, during the build process, and its nearly impossible to get a picture of them now, those motor mounts are buried deep. BTW, the motor mount brackets on a Dakota 4x4 are also the front differential mount, the two 1/2 shafts provide the suspension travel.

I believe the early Magnum motors had both the old style ear mounting like the LA motors, and the modern motors use 3 bolts into the bosses on the block. I'm not sure when the ear mounting went away, but they are not present on the later magnum motors.

The "modern" mounts that use the 3 bolts is pretty straight forward, the location for each bolt matches the slightly raised threaded boss on the block. The mount only fits one way, slightly forward of the center of the block, front to back, and the bolts pass through the mount and into the threaded bosses.