Moparts

Pics of 5.2 Magnum motor mounts for a 95 Dakota?

Posted By: jbc426

Pics of 5.2 Magnum motor mounts for a 95 Dakota? - 06/07/22 05:30 PM

Looking for photos showing the motor mounts in position on the block of a 5.2 Magnum. I believe this series of Dakotas are referred to as 1st generation (87 -96). I searched the web and only came up with pictures showing them separate from the block. Thanks!
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Pics of 5.2 Magnum motor mounts for a 95 Dakota? - 06/08/22 01:22 AM

I believe they mount differently on the block between a 4x4 Dakota and a rear drive Dakota. If I remember right, the 4x4 Dakota used the ear on the block for the motor mounts. All I have here right now is a 96 4x4, but I have no clear pictures of the motor mount, during the build process, and its nearly impossible to get a picture of them now, those motor mounts are buried deep. BTW, the motor mount brackets on a Dakota 4x4 are also the front differential mount, the two 1/2 shafts provide the suspension travel.

I believe the early Magnum motors had both the old style ear mounting like the LA motors, and the modern motors use 3 bolts into the bosses on the block. I'm not sure when the ear mounting went away, but they are not present on the later magnum motors.

The "modern" mounts that use the 3 bolts is pretty straight forward, the location for each bolt matches the slightly raised threaded boss on the block. The mount only fits one way, slightly forward of the center of the block, front to back, and the bolts pass through the mount and into the threaded bosses.

Re: Pics of 5.2 Magnum motor mounts for a 95 Dakota? - 06/08/22 03:01 PM

Thanks for the information! I'm building a '95 chassis to put under a '57 Dodge 100, and am trying to see how much if any I will have to clearance on the firewall & floor to fit the motor. I have a 2000 5.9 Magnum that uses the ear mounting tabs towards the front of the block. I climb under my car and see if I see the raised bosses you mentioned. Thanks again.
Posted By: poorboy

Re: Pics of 5.2 Magnum motor mounts for a 95 Dakota? - 06/08/22 11:28 PM

Might want to look into the street rod section here on Moparts, I have a thread there about putting a 49 Dodge pickup onto a 93 Dakota 4x4 frame. Much of that info will transfer over to your project. There are several Dakota chassis builds going on in the street rod section. I've done a few of these older bodies on a Dakota frame, both rear drive and 4x4. If there is anything I can help with, just ask, I'm here almost every day. Gene

Re: Pics of 5.2 Magnum motor mounts for a 95 Dakota? - 06/09/22 04:25 PM

I'll do that. Thank you. Much appreciated.
Posted By: 6PKRTSE

Re: Pics of 5.2 Magnum motor mounts for a 95 Dakota? - 06/10/22 12:35 AM

Dakota 2WD drive and 4WD have totally different frame mounts, they also incorporate mounting the front differential housing from underneath as well.
Posted By: Moparite

Re: Pics of 5.2 Magnum motor mounts for a 95 Dakota? - 06/10/22 10:52 AM

Magnum motors have three casting #'s 53006714 or 53006657 for the 318 and 5302006 for the 360. I believe the mounts to be the same. These motors where available in a lot of different vehicles from jeeps to dodge and different years. Since you have 95 frame might look up what mount goes with that frame. If clearance is an issue look up what was used on the jeeps because clearances where tight and may fit your application better.
© 2024 Moparts Forums