So I'm swapping an NV4500 trans into my 74 W200 crew. It is a divorced transfer case model so the trans and crossmember is like a 2WD truck. I have the original crossmember and a crossmember from 93 RC 2WD that had a 46RH in it. There was just no way to make either one of those work without major fabrication as they didn't provide enough center drop to align the trans with the transfer case using my short 4.75" intermediate shaft. So I recalled Holley makes a Hemi swap crossmember for the 72-93 2WD trucks. So I watched their video again and it looked like it would work but Holley couldn't provide any dimensions for me. I bought it anyway along with their GM style trans mount and an adapter for a 46RH trans.

I get the crossmember and it's a very stout piece that uses thick plates that bolt inside the lower frame flanged area. Everything fits, mount bolts directly to the trans and sits down on the crossmember in nearly perfect alignment. I had to clearance the frame a little for the bolt heads to sit flat to the adapter plate.

Now my question is, there is no brace to the upper frame flange, I'm not sure if I should make some or not worry about it. The adapter plates spread the load on the lower flange for about 8" maybe, but I also realize the crossmember wasn't designed for a 4WD. I used the 46RH adapter to mount the transfer case shifter so nothing was wasted. I figure if I'm going to make brackets now is the time as drilling the upper frame flange will be easy while the floor is out. Here are some pics.

received_513290673875511.jpegreceived_1079140236004566.jpegreceived_3223639694522409.jpeg

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.