Originally Posted by 340727dart
Got it February 2 of this year. This was after receiving both Pfizer shots but not the booster. The way I felt at first, I just knew I had the flu. Lost my sense of taste the next day. Went to my doctor, tested positive for COVID. He put me on a steroid and an antibiotic. Felt terrible for about a week. Woke up at 3 am one day and was composing my obit. I started feeling better about a week later. My sense of taste came back within two weeks. But, the lingering effect I'm still having is a shortness of breath after minor exertion. I'm worn out after taking a shower every day. Never smoked cigarettes.
I had a stress/echo-cardiogram last Friday. The doctor said my heart is fine. Apparently about 30% to 35% of people who've had COVID report shortness of breath. My doctor said nobody completely understands why. Otherwise, I feel fine.

Hmmm, I don’t ever remember having any symptoms of covid BUT what you just described fits me to a tee. Very hot yesterday out playing golf and I would get shortness of breath and weak, cooled down then ok. But any exertion here lately I have to sit. Don’t think it’s heart since test show I’m open everywhere in the arteries.