Strictly a drag car. I run an AJE Suspensions tubular k-frame with upper and lower A-arms, coil overs with front shocks (opposed to torsion bars), and flaming river manual rack and pinion. The k-frame can be built with or without motor mounts (in my case I do not use motor mounts so I had him build it without motor mounts), and it can also be built to suit a sway bar or it can be left out. Still using the stock spindles. The front shock mount needed modified to suit the new upper mount but it wasn't a difficult modification. It was not a cheap upgrade, however, I wanted to eliminate the torsion bars and the stock steering box. Now I am able to use a milodon 31161 oil pan opposed to a custom built Stef's pan with a center link hole. As far as how much weight did I save going to the new front end? I can't say it saved me any weight but I the car works really well with the new front end compared.

To me the biggest benefit I see with the new front end is the positive caster. I now have 7 degrees of positive caster compared to approximately 2.5-3 degrees with QA1 tubular control arms on the stock front end. Not that I am against torsion bar front ends, I personally feel they are great front suspensions, I simply wanted to upgrade and I haven't regretted it.

I have no clue why these photos post sideways and upside down.

IMG_3461 (1).jpegIMG_3460 (1).jpegIMG_3463.jpgIMG_3464.jpg
Last edited by 71Demon528; 05/21/22 10:46 AM.