I also installed a Liftmaster 8500 in my shop and love it. SUPER quiet and no tracks since it installs to the wall. I never thought I would be able to use a jackshaft opener since my doors are spaced 1 foot apart but the opener only needs 8 inches. I thought the install was very easy. The hardest part for me was rewiring my shop because I originally put outlets at every door where the traditional openers would go.

For those concerned about the Wi-Fi capability and getting hacked, just buy the basic 8500 without the battery backup or the Wi-Fi kit (MyQ Gateway). It's a lot cheaper and if you decide to add the MyQ Gateway kit, it's only about $60 on Amazon and controls up to 16 Liftmaster/Chamberlain devices. That means you can buy the less expensive openers and then buy just ONE MyQ Gateway for all of your doors/gates (unless you have more than 16 openers). You can also buy the battery separately later, too.

I plan to buy more for my other doors but I wanted to try one first and make sure it would fit and work well. Final verdict: Love it!!

Ed