Today was the day. Very nervous about everything after the big Kaboom. My son Scott (Dizuster) came with me and helped tune. Well it went down the track. Didn't spit any parts out. Weather was hot for May in central Michigan, 88-90. Baro was 28.9x all day. Correction factor 8-9%. Started off with a spinning 9.179@146.12. 86 jets, 34 degrees timing. Not really what we looking for. newly revalved shocks up front. Car had zero rotation. Left flat as a pancake. The front rebound was actually looser than Afco had suggested. Checking the rear shocks, I had the rebound on the right rear full tight. Straightened that out for a near duplicate run #2 9.174@145.04. Pull the timing back from 34 to 32 for run #3. Well that didn't work. Clean cut no heat on the strap and lean popping on the top end, 9.209@143.5. Video showed the housing bouncing back up into the car as well. Upped the rear compression 2 clicks, up 4 jet sizes to 90's and bumped the timing to 35,. Lots of changes at once but we've got to fix it, 9.149@147.42. Better loosened the front rebound 5 clicks, 9.091@147.95. Loosened the fronts another 5 clicks and bumped the timing to 36. Started the car and a LOUD knocking. Scott is waving at me not to worry. My buddy yells at him "put the spark plug back in". Heart attack moment. Got that straightened out as he was looking for the timing mark on the strap. When up for the pass. It pulled the wheels for the first pass today, not much but we're getting closer. D/A 3778, First 60 ft today in the 1.20's 1.293 / 5.742@120.53 / 9.028@149.10. Ready for one last pass the battery charger failed. So all in all pretty good. We can make it hook. Didn't get aggressive enough loosening the front early. in the day. But after last years wheelie oil pan smashing fiasco caution was the word. We also talked about the cam being backed up may have some bearing on the 60 ft. I have some larger jets coming. We will continue to loosen the front. The 8 is coming.
Doug

902.jpg
Last edited by dvw; 05/13/22 11:28 PM.