Originally Posted by GomangoCuda
Originally Posted by Biginchmopar
Originally Posted by GomangoCuda
Originally Posted by johnnycuda
I remember hearing people having issues with the KB hypertectic pistons over the years.

That's because machinists would not follow the instructions about skirt clearance and ring gap,. They work fine i f you use them properly and do not let the engine detonate.

The Icons are average nothing special good bang for the buck forged pistons that will work fine for most people. They would not likely be considered appropriate for a max effort engine.

I believe you're completely misinformed about ICON pistons. I have what you would consider a MAX effort small block Mopar with ICON pistons in it and they have performed flawlessly.
950hp
9000rpm

Can you order customs or are they shelf pistons? To me a MAX effort small block Mopar would be a no expense spared Comp eliminator or Australian Pro Stock type engine. Probably no Icons there. Your definition of MAX may be different.

Lets go a set farther I know Jeff Lutz has been running ICON's in his GTO, is that a MAX effort deal or do you need it to be Top Fuel? As far as Comp Eliminator and what I have is not much different. I know a Pro Stock team that would not hesitate to run an ICON piston. You can order a custom, might take a while.

I don't understand why you want to bash or degrade ICON pistons, have you ever really looked at a set? If I were to list other companies such as JE, Diamond, Ross ect... are they OK in your book to be MAX effort?

Sounds to me like your just another key board racer.