Originally Posted by General Lee
I know they arent the best. But do i need more at the moment? Im not getting them rebuilt, just some new sprinfs and a valve job. I can always slap aluminum ones on in a year or 2 if i get tired of this setup. Dont wanna go to crazy either on a daily driver. And pump gas is a must for now, for 2 reasons. 1: Trudeaus awesome gas prices make it inefficient to run 91 octane on a daily driver, and the 440s gas mileage will already suck 2: we happen to have a gas tank here on the farm at home for the company trucks and thats obviously 87. Ya know, "ive never considered myself a thief, but the old man wouldnt miss just one little liter"πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
And for pistons, i wanna do the bottom end right in one shot, i can always screw with the top end later if i feel i need more. But not the bottom end.

The issue is the pump gas iron head build won’t be all that great if you go with aluminum heads later. Plus the cost of redoing the 452s is a long way to E street edelbrocks or the china ones that are cheaper still.

I want my fair share