Originally Posted by General Lee
Hey everyone, thanks for all the help in such a short time. All my borew are perfect, not even a ridge to catch your fingernail behind, but only one has pitting. And 2 of my stock pistons are junk so i figured rebore and nice new high comp forged pistons. Im not really on a tigh budget but not going with aluminum heads right now. Can always do different heads later. Can probably get my hands on 915 or 516s, but 452 seem to do the job for many people and thats what i got now. Havent bought the 750 holley yet, but there is one for sale near me brandnew with 12 kms on it. Was overkill for his chevy 383. And cheap.

By the time you have the 452's rebuilt you are most of the way to a budget set of alum heads. Stock big block mopar heads suck plain and simple. They don't flow very well, even ported and the chambers are huge on the open chamber heads. Since you aren't budget limited , to a degree, if you insist on a forged piston get something lightweight ... like a Diamond or Ross, you might be able to internal balance it which would be a plus.

running up my post count some more .