I know it's been on the news that they are going to bump gas from E10 to E15 to help reduce prices at the pump.

Again my BS meter just melted down.
Fact: You burn more fuel per mile when using ethanol so the "savings" is typically lost through increased consumption.
Fact: When introduced ethanol was about .10 a gallon cheaper. Most did not realize due to it's lower efficiency thay were actually paying more per mile with the cheaper fuel.
Fact: The oil companies were making more $$ by selling you more fuel
Fact: When the word got out o n the above, The .10 spread slowly increased to .50 + thereby making the ethanol cheaper and you guessed it, they are now selling more of it and doing well profit wise ( SAY IT AIN'T SO) eek
BTW this price change over slowly happened the last time fuel prices were at 4.00 or so a gallon
Fact: Ethanol based fuels are worse for the environment than straight gasoline. Don't believe me? Google it or LOOKY HERE

So in summary, they sell more fuel which is more harmful to the environment and make more money while doing so.

There has been a a push to go to 15% for some time, this "lowering the prices for summer travel" is absolute BS and their way of pushing their foot in the door just as they did with the 10%
Hope this wasn't too political as it is all based on facts, not opinion beer

bullshit meter(1).jpg
Last edited by TJP; 05/03/22 01:35 PM.