I think you're taking my comments a bit personally. So maybe I should add some context so that we can establish some common ground.

I want everyone to take their cars to the track. I want them to learn how to drive their cars well, fast and most of all, be able to drive them home. Period.

My local group has 8-10 events a year with 120-200 drivers/cars a weekend and we RARELY have novice level excursions off track. All novice participants require a full day (120 mins on track time) minimum with 1 on one instruction to be allowed to drive solo. Even then we have rigorous instructor inclusion into the novice groups allowed to drive solo for lead follow exercises and to identify participants that may need a "tune up". We do all this because the number one thing that will reduce participation is if word gets out that the events or tracks are a great way to demolition derby your cars.

I find it interesting that you're so wrapped around the axle about my lack of video. There are plenty of live casts, in car camera, etc of me driving. I own very little of it. Sponsors/team owners paid for production. My job is to drive and work with the crew to make the car and myself faster. Done with dataloggers and late nights. Wanna know where my proof is? Its in the shock tuning of a Hellcat. Bilstien OEM took those shocks right off the car I dialed in and used the data to tune the road cars. My wall of trophies helps too. I was there . I don't need to see a video.

To that end and our mutual concern for the Mustang driver; your videos are a bad idea for him should he be looking into an insurance claim. We have insurance claims statements that we can give to participants (drafted by insurance adjusters) that will identify the events as "Driving Instruction". We have the instructors, infrastructure, legal department and to back us up. Unless he paid for track day insurance, if his insurance company finds your video, they will have cause to reject his claim. We've seen it before. I hope that he is able to get his car back together and back on track.

To your further point of why YOU avoid posting, is the same reason why every professional driver that drives a mopar I know avoids this forum like the plague. They laugh at me for even trying to reach out and help this audience. We test and drive all the products from all the manufactures, create championship winning combos, and we STILL get folks that want to argue with us. We do everything we can do do help folks operate their cars at the limit and represent our brand well; and we we get friction like this. I have been active on this forum for over a decade, and Mopar people just don't get it. I never get this push back on the Chevy, Ford or import forums. Its nuts.

So you're right, I apologize that you immediately went on the defensive, as those aren't what my comments implied. If you noticed, even prior to the event, I wished everyone well and hoped you all would Speed Safe, and I still do. Speed Safe, keep it rubber side down and your tires clean.
I'll leave you with a video I do have. Helmet cam footage from the 2011 341 Hillclimb in my 1968 Road Runner. average speed of 78.6mph, top speed of 118. No one died that year, only 2 cars got smashed up. So it was a good year. I got a first place ribbon and a feature in Car Craft. I was also in the Netflix Special .

341 Helmet Cam

Car Craft

p.s. I HIGHLY encourage anyone on this forum to join me for a day at the track. I'm happy to be your instructor if you guys can come out to my region. Message me any time, we've got a great selection of tracks to choose from.

Last edited by 68rrunner; 04/29/22 02:45 PM.