Originally Posted by Dragula
[quote=HardcoreB][quote=Dragula]

Last engine was a beast. It went 6.02 at 115mph on probably its third or forth outing with slicks that had two seasons on them. Had a guy make me an offer on it, I could not pass up. Sold it. It was a 543/440 with Indy Big EZ1 heads switched to 2.25 intake valves. Fully ported, and a .680 lift cam and nearly 14:1 compression.

I'm not sure what exactly you weighed anymore? 2950? 3000? 115mph is not good MPH for fully ported Indy heads/Intake and 14:1 Something was wrong there and whatever you did in the past has to change to make 725-750HP to reach your goals. I feel taking a hard look at some of the dyno tests AndyF has done and interpreting just what you can and can't get away without. On a stock block thin rings and gas ports go a long way along with a vac pump. If you are the engine builder/engineer you should know what the exact cam specs are along with the valvetrain it'll take to support it...power there. One thing I'm sure you're missing is the intake manifold, you say cutting out the extensions is the way to go but when you look at Wilsons work AND pipemax programs you'll see different. Beyond that it's execution on the details that separates a guy making 50-100+ more HP using the same parts. Please take this all constructively, that's my intent.