Originally Posted by shanker
Humidity control is why I'm a huge believer in VFD drive compressors, they can scale up or down based on need for cooling or humidification. I can look at the utilization on mine and in august when it's 95-98* outside, it's humming along at 25-40% and barely blowing out the registers making no noise and keeping the house at a constant temperature and keeping the humidity at the target of 48-54% even when it's 90%+ humidity outside.

my neighbor keeps his thermostat at 72-74 and I keep mine at 76-77 and he's always talking about how much cooler my house feels, I keep explaining its because the humidity is lower.

This is correct, just bite the bullet and have it installed if you go variable. I have a friend that owns a hvac company and he says you want the 10 year warranty with the variable because it will break and parts are expensive but the comfort level is fantastic. A normal system with a humidity control thermostat does not compare, just runs the house colder and colder, kind of a mind game.