I'm going to agree with everyone who said that the installer is the most important aspect of the performance of the unit.

I had a brand new unit installed in April 2020 after spending the second half of 2019 shopping and evaluating vendors. I live on the gulf coast where humidity control is VERY important to me. I went with a Bryan Evolution (same as the Carrier Infinity system) with a 5 stage VFD compressor, 21 seer system. I have an 1800sqft 2 story house and had all new ductwork installed also.

I am INCREDIBLY happy with my unit and the install of it (I still haven't finished drywall though) I recommend doing as much research as you can set aside time for.

When it comes to goodman, they do make some good units, but think of them as the cheapest version of previous generation/technology levels of A/C systems. I looked at Rheem/Ruud, Trane, Carrier/Bryant, Goodman quotes. I came up with a list of wants such as de-humidification control, filtration, etc, then searched for the best HVAC installer that best designed a system that quoted what I wanted. Half of the companies out of the 14 or so I called, didn't even come thru with a quote or gave me a "go away / we don't want this job" quote as they make more money doing unit swap outs and repairs than they do complete system design & installs.

The Federal Government has not yet learned that you cannot legislate morality 1970 Coronet R/T FF4/FF8/V85/V1G 440/Auto/3.23 1970 Coronet R/T FK5/FK5/V8W/V1W 440/Auto/3.55 1970 Super Bee TX9/TX9/V8W/N96 383/Auto/3.91 1975 Duster 360 VS29L5 Daily Driver