Originally Posted by larrymopar360
Originally Posted by Neil
Raybestos and Delco ones are out there. I have a 10x2.5 rear set from NAPA and they are messed up. They have beveled edge around the register hole that sticks up too high so a stock steel wheel won't contact the brake drum evenly. Likely going to toss them as they are not safe to use.
Bingo. I went through nightmare with the Rabestos 11x2.5 ones on my '89 Diplomat Police car. Couldn't figure out why everything was fine and adjusted well until I torqued down wheels and then the brakes felt locked. I ended up throwing in the trash because shipping them back would've practically cancel out my refund with Rockauto. I probably could've tried to find a place that would have turned them for me but at this point I was over these chinese POS.

I was lucky enough to find NOS ones on ebay although at $100 a piece I was just happy to find them, finish the brake job and have them work right and know they would last.

This is why I hate buying from Rockauto, the money you save isn't worth it if you want/have to return something. I'm lucky that I can ship thru my work and I pay less than the Rockauto rate.

Raybestoes is a label of the past , I think it was federal mogul that bought them out and eliminated the brand. Moog is hit or miss , Whoever is the source for Moog lower control arms for 2nd Gen Rams is the same supplier that Autozone's Duralast line comes from.

Mevotech is my go to now.

running up my post count some more .