As a former Goodguys Competitor and Street Machine Autocross winner;
yeah, these courses are not for the feint of heart, can be extremely dangerous considering what these cars are capable (and not capable) of doing. As a participant with a well sorted car with an accomplished driving background, I found these events nerve-wracking, but from a marketing prospective I get it. We identified early on that this was an eventuality that would happen and some of us even wanted to put in restrictions to slow the cars down. We were shot down and told to increase our event sponsorship amounts to have more influence. We packed up the cars and left.
BOTH crashes (A truck hit the SAME WALL IN THE SAME PLACE that weekend) were unfortune but a calculated risk in the name of putting on a show. This Barracuda was using a drag race oriented suspension system and was being overdriven beyond the operators talent level on an unprepared/untested surface. The result was inevitable.

Wasn't the first crash like this, won't be the last. The Pleasanton event was even worse. a TREE in the middle of the track, designed in as a feature/obstacle. Spectre lost a vehicle there. I never raced there again.

Speed Safe everyone.